Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Nov. 20, 2013 Kindness#CVPH

Sunset From Hospital
I witnessed many acts of kindness today as I accompanied a family member to the hospital for a long procedure. From the volunteers, to the orderlies, to the nurses, doctors, and food service workers, there were expressions of caring, concern, and professionalism. It is intimidating to be in a system that one doesn't understand well, but the patience and politeness of the employees make it so much more comfortable to ask questions. My own good deed was to give a small gift to one of the nurses who was very thoughtful towards me. She brought me a coffee and a snack realizing what a long day I had had. It brightened my afternoon as did the concern shown by the all the workers that I met today at our local hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment