Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Nov. 3, 2013 Acknowledging Important Occasions

My Parents
Today would have been my parents' sixty-third anniversary, and I awoke early this morning with this thought on my mind. My father passed away over thirty years ago, and although my mother and I talk often about the past, I wasn't sure if this was a date she would remember. Still, I wanted her to know that I knew it was important, especially to the five offspring this marriage produced and raised so well. I sent her a message of  "thinking of you", and then this afternoon I called her. What a wonderful conversation we had! Just when I think I know all the family stories, she shares a few more about their early life together. I am so fortunate to have such a caring, intelligent, and understanding mother. And even if my father isn't here in person, he is still present in his children and grandchildren. As I say so often, reach out to those who are important to you and acknowledge all life's milestones. You will both be glad a wish was extended.

No comments:

Post a Comment