Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Nov. 21, 2013 #Angel Fund Dinner

I stopped by a local business this morning to pay for a couple of tickets to a fundraising dinner which is being held tomorrow night. I won't be able to attend, but I wanted to make sure that someone else could go free of charge. The true heroes of this event, however, are the generous people who are organizing this big meal. Called the Angel Fund Dinner, this group expects to serve over five hundred meals right down the street from me with the goal of raising money to assist the local children, families, and food shelves. What an undertaking this is! I can't imagine buying the food, cooking it, and serving so many people. A basic Thanksgiving meal seems a large task to me. The real angels are the individuals who are doing all this work to benefit our community. We are blessed that they live among us. Please attend if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment