Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nov. 5, 2013 Stressed Out Teens#Guidance

Guidance Counselor and Student
I work with many teenagers, and I can see the pressures of school, part-time jobs, and future plans weigh heavily upon them. Today, I took the opportunity to give a few caring words of advice to one of my Student Council members who arrived at this morning's meeting with a look of frustration. Too much to do in too little time. We all know the feeling, but our teenagers need a shoulder to lean on and an empathetic ear. My recommendations were simple - take a deep breath, make of list of everything that needs to be done, and then prioritize. Don't sweat the small stuff because it is not worth your energy. Finally, tackle them one by one. I got a big smile in response to my suggestions. This girl, as well as all my former students, know that I am always ready to listen and offer counsel if they seek it. It takes a village to raise a child; let these kids know you are there for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment