Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov. 4, 2013 A Walk of RAK.

Colonial House, Champlain, NY
This year long project of a daily random act of kindness or two has taught me many things, but in particular, it has made me very aware of the multitude of opportunities there are each day to perform a small good deed. My walk today was filled with rewarding encounters. I passed by a 100 year old house which is being restored, and when I saw a man outside it, I asked him if he was the owner to which he said yes. I thanked him for bringing this house back to life. My compliment  brought forth a description of the other renovations he and his wife are undertaking. Next, I came upon a woman who is originally from the area and is now moving back after a long absence. She will be living right behind our house. I introduced myself and extended a warm welcome to the village. She positively beamed with excitement at being part of the community. Finally, my walk turned into a drive as I checked the mileage of the village streets. I am designing a walking route map which will be available to residents and visitors who would like to stroll our streets for exercise and peacefulness.  A walk with RAK a day is good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment