Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nov. 24, 2013 #In Sickness and In Health

Three Generations
My act of kindness is certainly not random today; indeed it is part of a vow I took decades ago and consider important and binding. We promised to support each other in sickness and in health, so it is my turn to be the nurse as my husband mends. I will tend to all those tasks that one does daily without thought until one's mobility is limited. These duties are not a chore , but rather what we do for family and friends who are under the weather. Just as I have cared for my children over the years, I am fortunate to be able to assist my husband recover. " For better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health" - these words first published in 1549 are still the basis of a strong relationship. Take care of your partners, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment