Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, November 18, 2013

Nov. 18, 2013 #OperationChristmasChild

Their slogan is "The power of a simple gift", and that sums up the huge effort that an organization called Samaritan's Purse coordinates during their Christmas box campaign. Founded in 1970, this group plays the role of the Good Samaritan around the world as they offer aid and hope to those in need. I have wanted to participate in Operation Christmas Child for several years, and when I read that there would be a collection site in my village, I went shopping. What fun to buy toys, craft supplies, clothing, and toiletries all to fit into a shoe box. I took my box to the church that is hosting the gift drive, left a donation for shipping, and indicated that it was for a 5 - 7 year old girl. I will never see the outcome of this RAK, but I am sure a little girl somewhere will be delighted with her gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment