Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nov. 2, 2013 Pay It Forward With Potatoes

Late Fall Day, From Baxter Mt., NY
I wrote about our adventure in planting potatoes several months ago, and described giving a few of them away last month, but now that the harvest is complete, we have plenty of spuds! We will enjoy eating them this winter; however, I wanted to share our crop with  some of our family and neighbors. Today, I brushed off the dirt from the skins and put together four bags of potatoes. As I backed out of my driveway, I really didn't know who would be the recipients. That decision was random. One went to a couple both of whom are strong  advocates
for the village; another went to my brother and his wife; the next sack was delivered to a family I've known for years through sports, and finally I stopped by a former colleague's house to leave them next to her kitchen door. Baked, mashed, scalloped, fried - today I paid it forward with potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment