Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Aug. 10, 2013 Summer Reading#local library

At The Village Library
Amid the choices of where to find a book to read, many of us have access to a local library. I am embarrassed to admit that it had been many months that I hadn't visited our building of books. This is particularly sad when I remember that , as a child, my Saturday visits to the library in my home town were the highlight of my week. Today I went in search of a good summer read, something light and entertaining to enjoy as I relax by the side of the pool during these final days of August. I immediately was filled with that comfortable feeling as I perused the stacks. Choosing which novel to borrow took some time because I take pleasure in revisiting ones I have read and remember how much I appreciated them. While checking out, the librarian and I had a long discussion about the dire financial situation surrounding maintaining a library. They are seeking creative ways to raise funds, but it is a challenge. I had a little spare cash in my pocket which I donated to their cause. It is a mere drop in the bucket in terms of what is needed. We all can benefit from our local library, so keep them in mind when you are planning on supporting a community need.

No comments:

Post a Comment