Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Aug. 24, 2013 Donation#oldshoes

Donate Your Old Shoes
Growing up, I thought people owned one or maybe two pairs of shoes. I had a pair of tennis shoes, or sneakers as I now call them being an East Coast resident, and a dressier pair for church or school. In the summer we might have a pair of flip flops, known as thongs in those days (not to be confused with today's meaning of the word, thong). We wore those shoes until they wore out, and then we could go to the shoe store for another pair. This was a way of life which I never questioned, but as I earned more money, I became aware of shoes to match outfits, and shoes for every season, and shoes that came into style. Sandals, boots, loafers, slip-ons, lace-ups, high heels,
and ballet flats - I became a shoe lover. Today I started cleaning out the closet. Don't let me mislead you, I left plenty of pairs in their organized slots, but I gathered up a dozen sets and placed them in a box destined for the organization Donate Your Old Shoes (www.donateyouroldshoes.org) where they will be shipped to people around the world who truly need them. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Good words to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment