Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, August 19, 2013

Aug. 19, 2013 Sharing the Newspaper

Newspaper Readers, Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
I grew up in a household of paperboys and newspaper subscriptions, and even today two of my brothers are employed in the newspaper industry. The affinity for a morning paper as part of my quotidian routine runs deeply. We have subscribed to our local paper for over thirty years. Despite the grumblings and the mocking this newspaper takes, I still find it is the source of important information - regional events, deaths, births, and human interest stories about people who live near me. Last night some friends asked how we knew about  recent performances, and I replied that I had read it in the paper. They do not receive the newspaper, and so  today I walked to their house for a personal delivery of the morning edition. If I didn't give it to them, it would be recycled at the landfill. Why not offer one more family a chance to peruse these pages? Maybe they can pass it on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment