Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Aug. 28,2013 Neighbors Helping Neighbors

Fawn at the Neighbors House
Many might say that in today's society, people are less likely to help each other than in the past when life seemed slower and less stressful. I believe that for the most part, humans are willing to reach out to assist their fellow man/woman. This morning my aged golden retriever disappeared. With feeble legs and dementia, this deaf, nearly blind canine was gone. I searched the property, and my next door neighbor, seeing my concern, looked around her yard also. Nearly an hour later, a boy came running to tell me that his mother had rescued the dog from the street where she was walking unsteadily and very confused. This woman had undoubtedly saved the life of our beloved golden. This afternoon, while mowing the lawn, I noticed that the couple living on the other side of me needed their grass cut, so I extended my path to include part of their lawn. And finally, this evening I took a basket of cherry tomatoes to our neighbor across the street and sat to visit for a spell. Neighbors reaching out to neighbors - whether the gesture is large or small, helpful actions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment