Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, August 26, 2013

Aug. 26, 2013 RAK on a Slow Day#determination

A Splash of Brightness
As I near the end of the eighth month of my daily act of kindness project for 2013, I am still determined to perform something each day which will brighten a moment for another. That being said, there are days when it is difficult to identify the outreach needed. This strengthens my resolve to look deeper around me to recognize worthwhile actions. Today's acts were small, but appreciated. This afternoon, at the grocery store, as I struggled to untangle the line of shopping carts, I noticed a woman standing near me. With a final yank to the handle, the cart came loose and I quickly rolled it to the lady who was waiting patiently. She responded with a smile and a surprised message of thanks. Then, driving home under threatening, dark skies, I came upon a mother and young son walking along the road. I stopped and offered them a ride which they declined explaining that they were prepared for the rain with an umbrella. They seemed genuinely pleased by my overture. My endeavor continues step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment