Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Aug. 22, 2013 RAK with 18 Month Old

A Tuckered Out Toddler
Today a toddler led me to a series of random acts of kindness. I was given the task of keeping this child occupied while her mother did some shopping for items that were to remain a secret. My method was simple- keep her safe, wear her out, and have fun. We were in a large store in the mall where I let her set the course, and I followed about two steps behind. Being at such a low level to the ground, this little girl located article after article which had fallen off the shelves all of which she handed to me, and I replaced in the correct spot. We wandered for thirty minutes cleaning up the aisles until we came upon the bin filled with balls of all colors and sizes. A one and a half year old can throw balls rather quickly, and then I was the one chasing them  much to the amusement of the other customers! When we left the store feeling tired, but
 happy, I knew it was more orderly than before our arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment