Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Aug. 14, 2013 Plenty of Puddles

Summer Rain, Lake Placid
I imagine I was a sorry sight this afternoon walking briskly through Lake Placid in the rain. The sidewalks were packed with tourists slogging through the puddles, most not equipped with an umbrella. I had pulled my hood up, but my hair was dripping, and my clothes were spotted with droplets of a warm summer shower. I love walking in the rain, and it was obvious to those I passed. One after another, these pedestrians returned my smile and said hello- the older woman wearing a hat so large I could barely see her face, the young father and daughter laughing as we crossed paths, the group of teenagers joking with each other. One mother summed it up perfectly when she said to her son," We can't do anything about the rain. We'll just have to make the best of it." Maybe my smile was contagious, or perhaps everyone was out to enjoy a stroll in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment