Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, August 30, 2013

Aug. 30, 2013 Helpful Store Employees

Leather Shop Employee , Italy
Most of us have experienced the store employee with an attitude: a rolling of the eyes, loud gum chewing, incessant talking to a co-worker while ignoring the customer. They obviously are not meant to be in the retail business and probably will not last long in the job. Perhaps that is why pleasant store associates are so valued. I was at the deli today where I was assisted by a helpful, happy woman who was good at her job and willing to take the time to explain details about my request. I knew immediately that I wanted to do something nice for her, so I went to the lottery machine to buy a couple of tickets. Fortunately, another employee was nearby because I didn't understand how the machine worked.She gave me great instructions and was very surprised when I handed one scratch off ticket to her. Returning to the deli, I offered the other one to the associate explaining that her positive attitude was noticed, and I hoped she would win. Maybe we need to let those outstanding employees know more often how good their performance is.

No comments:

Post a Comment