Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Aug. 20, 2013 College Needs#laundrybasket#advocates

The Useful Basket
I listened in admiration as a close friend described how she was lending a hand to one of our recent graduates who is heading off to college this week. Due to circumstances, my friend, a fellow teacher, is assisting this girl by driving her about four hours to the school , accompanying her to the check-in at the administrative office, and then helping her settle into her room. My little acts of kindness pale in comparison to this effort! When my colleague mentioned that this young woman needed a laundry basket, I insisted that she let me purchase this along with soap. As I dropped it off this afternoon, I reflected on how incredibly generous so many people are with their time, money, and energy. I am blessed to know such kind folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment