Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, August 2, 2013

Aug. 2, 2013 Cleaning out the Attic

Old House Renovation
Life in a home built prior to the Civil War is fascinating and frustrating especially when one want to renovate, repair or clean. We have found many historic items within the walls ,but you simply never know exactly what you are getting into when a project is begun. Today I was determined to tackle over thirty years of accumulation in the attic. It was hot , stuffy, and musty as I pawed through boxes and bags of stuff. I suppose if I were so inclined, I would think of having a garage sale, but that is not my style. Instead, I donated the old clothing to our local Mission Center, and I took the other unwanted items of value and placed them near my street. They were picked up rather quickly. One young man walked in the yard to verify that I was giving away a Rock Band set . He was delighted when I said yes. This project may take several days, but I look forward to finding things that I don't need and others want. Happy Picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment