Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, August 9, 2013

Aug. 9, 2013 School Supplies#classact

It is the time of year when school supplies go on sale, and for those who plan ahead, there are great bargains and money to be saved. Without my children living at home, I no longer make the trek to the mall to pick out the best folders with the cutest design or debate the value of a one subject versus a three subject notebook. However, today, I did travel to the big box paper store to buy a few supplies because I know that for many people money is tight; buying pens, pencils, notebooks, and binders is not in the budget in early August. It was fun to select crayons and markers, pencil cases and glue sticks. I gathered up my purchases and headed to our local television station where they have placed a container for residents to donate these items which are needed by so many children. The box was empty, so my bags looked lonely at the bottom. Hopefully, others will join in this effort to collect school materials for those who can not afford them.

No comments:

Post a Comment