Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Aug. 3, 2013 Congratulations#EagleScout

Congratulations
Why is it so difficult to tell someone that they have done a good job? Employers, parents, husbands, wives, siblings, friends- in any role, there are always opportunities to let someone know that you recognize their effort, their accomplishment or their cooperation. I wrote notes to two of my former students today who recently completed their Eagle Scout awards. This is a great achievement and worthy of more than a passing remark. I wanted them to know that I admire their perseverance to completing this goal. Look around you to see who deserves a little recognition. I bet it will be easy to identify someone each day who merits praise. Sincere compliments make everyone feel good.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that a friendly, talkative student  arrived at my house yesterday bearing a delicious cupcake and a hug for me. Then , later, I received an offer from another friend to help out at an event I am coordinating tomorrow. These acts of kindness are being produced all around me. Thanks for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment