Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Aug. 21,2013 Kindness to a Cat

Our Cat
I have stated before that acts of kindness need not be limited to humans; our animal friends, both domesticated and wild, often deserve special attention. It seemed appropriate on this hot summer day to focus on our elderly cat, a calico feline, who has been particularly lethargic this summer. She is normally very independent, so I rarely think of
 giving her extra care. But, today she was treated to a good brushing during which she purred so loudly it resembled a motor. I fed her at the first meow signally her hunger, and replenished the water dish several times. She wasn't interested in pouncing on her toys, but the dogs enjoyed chasing them. Tonight, I am sure she'll assume her usual position beside me in my recliner feeling content about her memorable day. She is a great companion in her aloof, detached way and certainly deserving of some additional care.

No comments:

Post a Comment